Monday, October 24, 2005

Blog Directories

I'm always thrilled to discover the bursting power of Web 2.0.

It started with wondering how people are willing to expose their private secret diaries in public. I read Tsuguya Sasaki's
Reflections-Shmeflections and it started a few years before I read my first Blog. I think he earned his place in the history of Blogs.

Then I was puzzled to see the pace of creating millions of Blogs every new year.


Then I discovered the phenomena of Blog readers, subscribed to Rojo, told my friends about it and heard their surprised reactions.

Eventually I stumbled upon
Robin Good's list of Blog Directories where you can read all the Blogs that are in your subject. It seems that these Blog Directories are gaining a lot of exposure since there are so many of them.

Robin Good wrote:
As more people utilize RSS newsreaders and aggregators to keep themselves
informed, the ability to maintain high exposure and visibility is gradually
shifted from a complete attention to major search engines and content
optimization techniques to an increasing awareness of RSS feed directories and
search tools.

In Robin's list there are Directories for Blogs and Directories for RSS feeds. In the first ones you need to fill in your website address and in the later ones you need to fill in your
RSS address which can be found on your Host settings pages. It looks like this: (
http://qtsaver.blogspot.com/atom.xml ).

1 comment:

Naveed said...

Information Information Information everywhere ! A smart entrepreneur will devise business models and applications that will provide information to the users in an organized and clean format. I think web 2.0 is all about presenting information in an organized, personalized and clean format. (Example: wikipedia, blogs, flickr)