Wednesday, April 06, 2016
Tuesday, April 05, 2016
Sunday, April 03, 2016
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Following is a demonstration of the power of Qtsaver micro content search engine to grab relevant info from multiple sources and present it on one page.
- Capricorn Tattoo Symbol - Capricorn (21 December - 19 January) is the tenth sign of the ZODIAC and it begins the winter solstice. It is a symbolic representation of the goat's body and fish’s tail and reflects the ambivalent nature of those born under the influence of this sign. In the Far East, it is the first sign of the ZODIAC.
- Capricorn, whose constellation is known as Capricornus, is one of the oldest of the astrological interpretations. Ruled by Saturn, its symbol is the goat. This is sometimes depicted as a sea borne hybrid or Dolphin. The image is often an animal with the body of a goat and the tail of a fish.
- Capricorn sea-goat symbol, within shell, fifteenth century, French manuscript.
- Capricorn symbol within the zodiac, seventeenth century European manuscript.
- Block User Capricorn THE GOAT - the sign of Consistency Capricorn's symbol is the sea goat, rather than the mountain goat and this represents a sure footedness but also an ability to be a lot more fluid and flexible than their reputations suggest. Often having a superbly dry sense of humour Capricorns are instinctively knowledgeable about timing and will know when to make the most of opportunities. Tending to be quite career orientated, they will focus on making a name for themselves or finding their life's purpose.
- Ambitious, pragmatic, and goal-oriented, they learn how to get things done. The mountain goat is an appropriate astrological symbol for this sign since a sure-footed, methodical climb to the top is the main goal of Capricorn individuals. They aspire to positions of power and authority, and they admire others who attain such positions. Initiative and willingness to accept responsibilities are keys to their success.
- The fire that animates the Capricorn's spirits is gestating and self-contained, but not to be taken lightly. The Romans celebrated the Sun's ingress into Capricorn as Saturnalia, a festival which welcomed back the return of the Sun's power after the shortest day of the year. The emphasis was on renewal of strength, fertility, and power that originates from the depths of being. As the cardinal earth sign Capricorn portrays the enduring and irrepressible spirit of nature. There is a productive fecundity inherent in the symbolism of the goat-fish that is dismissed too lightly if we fail to explore the deeper meanings of this complex ancient symbol.
- They can suffer through shyness and are seldom at ease displaying affection. Yet Capricorn is a strongly sexual sign - the goat's horn is a symbol of male virility - and their fixed emotions can cause them to remain locked in grief and disappointment if they fail to win the object of their affection. Within relationships they have a strong sense of duty and commitment. This will be highly satisfactory to some but others may perceive it as unnecessarily restrictive and oppressive.
- See also:
- Scorpio symbol
- Pisces symbol
Thursday, August 07, 2008
1. http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Widget Widget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
o GUI widget, a component of a graphical user interface with which a user interacts
o Widget toolkit, a software library containing a collection of GUI widgets that collaborate when used in the construction of applications
o Web widget, a physically-inspired applet on the web
o Widget engine, a software system for running applets on the web, desktop or mobile phone
2. http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Web_widget Web widget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
o A web widget is a portable chunk of code that can be installed and executed within any separate HTML-based web page by an end user without requiring additional compilation. They are derived from the idea of code reuse. Other terms used to describe web widgets include: gadget, badge, module, capsule, snippet, mini and flake.
o A widget is anything that can be embedded within a page of HTML, i. e. a web page. A widget adds some content to that page that is not static. Generally widgets are third party originated, though they can be home made. Widgets are also known as modules, snippets, and plug-ins.
o The first widely syndicated web widget, Trivia Blitz, was introduced in 1997. It was a java game applet offered by Uproar.com embedded on 15,200 websites as of December 31, 1998 and 36,100 websites as of December 31, 1999. It spread virally through an "add this game to your website" button.
3. http://widget. dilbert. com The official Dilbert daily comic strip widget: The OFFICIAL Dilbert . . .
o Grab your very own Dilbert widget for your Facebook, MySpace, iGoogle page or any other place you may be feeling a void and let the icon of office workers make each day a little more brilliant and carefree.
o Even The Boss will appreciate the daily joy it will bring. Just choose the size widget you need and in the time it would take you to grab that 10th cup of coffee you can be sharing Dilbert with all your fellow cubies!
4. http://widgets. yahoo. com Yahoo! Widgets: useful, fun, beautiful little apps for Mac and Windows
o This is a highly addictive puzzle. To learn more about the puzzle, install the Widget, right-click on it and select "Help. . . ".
o This Widget will countdown the number of days, hours, minutes, seconds until the start of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
o This Widget gives you information on indices, stocks and funds. Its resizable window can also show charts and news for the items you're tracking.
5. http://code. google. com/webtoolkit/documentation/com. google. gwt. doc. DeveloperGuide. UserInterface. html Building User Interfaces - Google Web Toolkit - Google Code
o While it is possible to manipulate the browser's DOM directly using the DOM interface, it is far easier to use classes from the Widget hierarchy. You should rarely, if ever, need to access the DOM directly. Using widgets makes it much easier to quickly build interfaces that will work correctly on all browsers.
6. http://widgets. opera. com Opera Widgets
o Widget to search and display webcams all over the world.
o Advanced painting widget with many tools: pencils, charcoal, paint brushes, calligraphy pen and much more - draw, paint, paste photos, have fun!
o This little widget allows you to keep an eye on things that need to be done.
o A customizable calendar widget with events and reminders.
o Opera has released more tools and documentation for Widget developers.
7. http://automattic. com/code/widgets WordPress Widgets « Automattic
o Widgets have come to WordPress! By installing the Widgets plugin by Automattic and using a widget-ready theme, you can bring the popular customization feature from WordPress.com to your very own, hosted WordPress installation.
8. http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Dashboard_(software) Dashboard (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
o When Dashboard is activated, the user's desktop is dimmed and widgets appear in the foreground. Like application windows, they can be moved around, rearranged, deleted, and recreated (so that more than one of the same Widget is open at the same time, possibly with different settings). New widgets can be opened, via an icon bar on the bottom of the layer, by dragging a widget icon out into the layer. After loading, the widget is ready for use.
o When a Dashboard widget is built, it usually consists of six files:
o The widget's HTML file, which is the actual file that will be displayed in the Dashboard layer
o The widget's CSS file, which is used for styling the widget (but is called on from the HTML file)
o The widget's Property List (called “Info. plist”), which is what Dashboard uses to load the widget’s properties (i. e. : name, version, HTML file, etc. )
o The background image of the widget, in PNG format
o Dashboard widgets, like web pages, are capable of many different things, often to perform tasks that would be tedious or complicated for the user to access manually. One example is the Google Search widget, which simply opens up the user's browser and performs a Google search. Other widgets, like Wikipedia, grab the contents of webpages and display them within Dashboard. Some widgets can also serve as games, using Adobe Flash (or another multimedia authoring program) to create games just as if they were in a browser.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Online surfing suffers from broken links. They pollute the web. The best way to prevent these annoying “thorns” is to reduce making them. We have to cope with the recklessness behind manufacturing them. Taking the problem personally and seriously means finding ways to bypass the need for links, which work perfectly until they break for some reason. For instance: Instead of linking to Wikipedia in order to mention a source of a quote it might be enough to refer to the heading of the entry, which is usually a unique keyword.
In order to fix broken links I have to click on every single link on my large web site. When the link doesn't work or works too slowly I ask myself if I can delete it. Most of the times the answer is positive, and I ask myself why did I make the links from the start.
It might seem too tedious to fix all these broken links one by one without using any software, but I can tell you that after a while I found patterns that gradually helped me find shortcuts.
I don't believe in solutions from “above” (that Google would encourage us, up loaders, to use less links and rank higher). I even don't mind if nobody else but me genuinely thinks that it's worth the time to fix broken links. I'm just convinced that's what I have to do without delay, and I share it with those who read this.
Tip 1: remember that a link is only a highlighted text. If you have a lot of broken links on one of your pages you may consider canceling the highlights (copy the document to MS Word with the Special Paste command unformatted text). Without highlights a link becomes regular text and no one can break it.
Tip 2: consider writing textual (not highlighted) links. Readers who will be really interested in following these links will have to make the (copy and paste) effort.
Tip 3: avoid links to PDF files, which download too slowly.
Tip 4: avoid dynamic links.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I started with the Keyword Tribal Tattoos and proceeded to other Keywords that I stumbled upon such as:
African tattoos, Bengal tattoos, Berber tattoos, China tattoos and so on.
I arranged the results in Microsoft Word Levels and eventually the headings by alphabetic order.
It took me about 4 hours.