Monday, March 20, 2006

Search Strategy

In the last few days I was busy answering questions on Yahoo Answers, trying to show the world how efficient is QTSaver, the microcontent engine.

 

Searching requires a lot of patience – one attempt is not always enough. You have to refine your query, add some words or take off others until you get what you want.

 

Most important is to check if the spelling of your search words is correct. Many people enter their misspellings into Google search window, hoping the spell checker will suggest them the right spelling. Others check whether the number of the results is enough to conclude that the spelling is right.

 

This morning I tried to answer the following question:

 

How is the Building Mosque Al-Aqsa?

 

Entering search words "Al-Aqsa" into QTSaver brought me irrelevant sentences like: Al-Aqsa Intifada, Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades. Anyhow there was no info about the Building.

 

 Entering search words "Al-Aqsa building" into QTSaver brought me info about building attempts in Al-Aqsa but not a description of the building.

 

Only my third attempt in which I entered the search words "Al-Aqsa Mosque description" brought me the answers I wanted.

 

Using the best search engine doesn't guarantee success. I guess that's why so many people use Yahoo Answers. Their searches fail and they hope that somebody in the world will find the right words for their query…

 
Powered By Qumana

No comments: