Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Image Search Tip

Sometimes the best search strategy is to look for an image and then use the links from that image to find the answer. In case there's a need for more information from many websites - After finding the basic details in the above mentioned way it's easier to construct on QTSaver a sophisticated query that will gather the best results.

 

This strategy is good especially when you look for:

 

·        Products

·        People

·        Paintings

 

For example: I used this strategy to answer the following questions on Yahoo Answers:

 

1. Who are the statues in San Francisco's Civic Center Plaza supposed to be?

 

I entered search words San Francisco Civic Center statue into Google Image search and got a picture of a certain building. Clicking on that picture led me to Simon Bolivar's statue.

 

 

2. How did amur leopards come to be, when was its prime, why is it on a current endangered list?

 

I entered search words amur leopards into Google Image search and clicked the first picture. It led me to an article with all the needed details .

Powered By Qumana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your qtsaver tool is excellent, i just ran a few tests and results were right on the money. I`m a partner at metabot.ru which is a meta-search engine, so I`m looking at different search engines all the time, and yours definitely stands out. please keep working on it, it`s a great concept. please also publish the help section in english is you get a chance

Anonymous said...

Your technique of searching in Google images instead of web results is interesting. I sometimes do it too.
I'm not sure I would have used the amur leopard example here as I feel that the web results are more interesting than the image ones. You were lucky to find details on the species on a Zoo website. It is true that in that case, the Staten Island zoo page contains all the relevant data.
I did a similar search on "tiger poaching" and found the results to be better. The images provide information that is sometimes easier to interpret that the snippets provided by Google.