Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Original Thinkers

How do you recognize an original thinker?
You read your own ideas and they look new and unfamiliar to you.
You don't recognize your own ideas.
This can make you feel good or bad. In my case it made me feel important:

Today I got a Google Alert about Jos Schuurmans' Blog-post dedicated to QTSaver. It's titled "QTSaver and the advent of microcontent" and it's on http://www.josschuurmans.com/josschuurmans/2005/12/qtsaver_and_the.html
Jos interpreted an excerpt I wrote as a prediction to the end of journalism:
When I wrote this idea ("I believe that the future of search engines is in microcontent manipulation…The original intention of the author will be forgotten and each new author will recycle the excerpt for his new intention.") I didn't think about this interpretation. Anyhow now that I read it on Jos' Blog I like it, embrace it, agree with every word he wrote.

I just finished reading it when I got an Email from Arnold notifying me that he posted an article on Qtsaver and it's on http://google4africa.blogspot.com/2005/12/when-less-is-more.html.

Arnold wrote:
Why are tools like QTsaver relevant to Africa? For the majority of users in Africa, access to the internet is via internet cafes. Not knowing where to find the information directly, compounded with the bandwidth limitations make research via web search engines - time consuming and through internet cafes - costly!!. With QT/Search - quicker access to relevant micro-content, aggregated on a single page means less time spent & less money spent.


I didn't know that for the majority of users in Africa, access to the internet is via internet cafes.
It gave new meaning to my ideas about saving user's time and reducing user's frustration. Anyhow now that I read it on Arnolds' Blog I like it, embrace it, agree with every word he wrote.

In cyberspace It is a great honor when your ideas are discussed profoundly by other (regular) Bloggers. It is a greater honor when your ideas are discussed profoundly by ORIGINAL THINKERS
...and it is the best way to start a new day…

No comments: